I was nominated for the Liebster Award which is an award that highlights up and coming blogs! Which may or may not be impressive, I am not sure since I am incredibly new to the blogging community, but I think it is pretty neat that my blog is only a few short weeks old and not only does someone read the ineloquent ramblings of a coffee fueled, stay at home mom but that they actually enjoy it! What a crazy world we live in! 🙂
Here are the rules:
1) You must thank the person who gave you this award
2) You must display the Liebster heart on your blog
3) You should nominate 3 to 5 up-and-coming blogs (some rule variations say 11) with less than 200 subscribers
4) Each person must post 11 things about themselves
5) Answer the questions given to you by the blogger who nominated you
6) Create 11 questions for those you nominate to answer
7) Notify your nominees and provide a link back to your post
8) And no tag backs (the point is to try and highlight new bloggers so let’s spread the support )
Thank you, thank you, thank you caffeineplease at Did I Earn A Smile? I am honored that you thought of me, it means so much.
My nominees are (in no particular order):
*Side note* as I am so new to blogging I am having a hard time with this one, so I am going with the least number of blogs I am allowed and I apologize for that.
Growing Up Gaudy – I just started reading this one but I LOVE LOVE LOVE her humor and perspective. She is open, honest, and hilarious. She cracks me up.
My Kid Wears a Gas Mask – I love her child and I don’t know him :). He is the definition of an “old soul” and I love reading about his child-like but incredibly wise perspective on life.
Sleepless in Autism – I know I shouldn’t pick one that was turned onto me by the person that nominated me, I know that it is in some way probably wrong, but I cannot help it. I LOVE this blog. I love her positivity, her outlook, and most of all…that her child is her superhero! Such an inspiration!
Eleven Things About Myself:
1) I was told when I was 16 it would be nearly impossible for me to get pregnant or carry to term. It was reconfirmed at 22. My son was born when I was 28…and he is my miracle and my whole world.
2) My husband is my best friend. Literally. He is actually my only real friend (I have tons of acquaintances but no one I would call if I was sad or anything of the like). He is the most fun person to be around. I still think his weird sense of humor is hilarious.
3) I lost my mom-who is really the only family I had-when my son was two weeks old (9 weeks premature). Someone wise told me that my son was born so early because God knew she needed to meet him before she passed.
4) I am addicted to caffeine. It is a problem. And I don’t intend to do anything about it.
5) I have a 163 IQ. I was tested, twice. In my life I have learned that having a high IQ does not mean you are a motivated or driven person. I think that card was totally wasted on me.
6) I am addicted to useless, mindless reality television. It is like crack. I talk about these people like I know them and I am 100% aware of how sad that sounds. 🙂
7) Having my family gave me purpose. I was a quintessential “party girl” (albeit an educated one) before that. I was so immature and unfocused. Having Jp made me grow up (however late) and realize that there is more to life than self-absorbed, self-gratification.
8) I am proud of who I am and what I have accomplished in my life. It wasn’t what I set out to do in high school but what does a teenager know? My life is full of love, laughter, and family. To me, that is more important than a successful career.
9) I am a neat-nik. This is different than a clean-freak. They deep clean all of the time. I like for things to be neat and orderly…to an annoyingly obsessive degree. But deep cleaning is still not my favorite things (though it feels so good when it’s done!).
10) I am obsessed with Bob Marley and all things Reggae. I think it is better than anti-depressants any day of the week. It is my calm center.
11) I am an empath. I can read feelings and emotions in others as clearly as I hear their words. My mom was one, her mom was one..it’s as common to the women in our family as having green eyes. It also has made me a little jaded. Who wants to know when people don’t like you when they are pretending to?!
Questions From My Nominator:
1) What prompted you to write your first blog post?
I was having trouble processing all of the developmental issues and concerns that my son is going through. I don’t have a solid support base-outside of my wonderful husband but I was making him crazy-and thought this would be a good medium to express myself. I thought finding people going through the same things would help me process in a healthier manner.
2) What would be your dream job?
In a perfect universe, I would be a Tarot Reader professionally. I love doing it and I thrive on helping people. It is a wonderful feeling to tap into the subconscious of a person and are, in turn, able to help them find the root of an issue they have and how to solve it.
3) What is your favorite thing to cook?
I love to cook, any and everything. I couldn’t pick a favorite if I tried. But my family really loves my take on Bennihana’s food the best.
4) What movie makes you cry?
Being heavy in the empathy department, I cry a lot during movies. Personal triumph, defeat, death…it all brings me to tears. The movie that still does it no matter how many times I watch it is ‘What Dreams May Come’. It gets me every time. (It doesn’t help that the main character is Christopher James and that is my husband’s name as well)
5) If you could pick anywhere to live for one year (can’t be your current location, has to be somewhere else), where would you go and why?
I have traveled to many places but there is NOTHING like the laid back and relaxing vibe in the Florida Keys. It is heaven on earth.
6) Do you keep a journal? Did you ever?
I was always a girl that had a journal or diary. It got me in quite a bit of trouble in high school (lol). Now, as an adult, my blog is kind of my new high tech version of a journal.
7) Dogs or cats? Why?
Dogs. Because unconditional love is all dogs know. Cats are more like people, prone to disdain and mood swings. My dogs are NEVER in a bad mood. 🙂
8) What’s your favorite new music find?
I kind of live in older music. I think that music that is made today is a lot more shallow, no depth. I am sure there are exceptions but I choose to listen more to old favorites than to new finds.
9) If you could be a contestant on a game show, which one would it be?
Who wants to be a Millionaire? Because I would get through the easy questions and the second I wasn’t sure I would take my money and run. I’m not a gambler. 🙂
10) Name one thing on your “bucket list”.
I don’t have a bucket list. I feel as though I have lived life, taken risks, and been wild and crazy. My bucket list used to entail being part of a family and now I am. At this point, I could die happy.
11) What motivates you to get out of bed every morning?
My family. I would walk through fire for them. No matter what craziness is going on in my head I know that I have to get up, get dressed, and make their lives better. It is my purpose.
My Questions For Nominees:
1) What was your very first blog post about and what inspired it?
2) Do you believe in fate/destiny?
3) What feeds your soul?
4) If you could be anyone else in the world for just one day, who would it be?
5) What is the most important thing that you do every day?
6) What was your biggest dream that you fulfilled?
7) What was the biggest dream left unfulfilled?
8) Name one thing you would change about yourself if you could.
9) What is the best part of being you?
10) What is your biggest vice?
11) If there was just one social issue that you could fix-magically-what would it be and how would you fix it?
I'm just living minute to minute, hour to hour, day to day.