I absolutely cannot believe it! I was nominated for my second Liebster Award! I am so honored and surprised to receive a second award only a month after my first. What makes this equally amazing is that my blog is only 5 weeks old! Goodness! Thank you infinitely, Poke N Grits, for nominating me! She has been a wonderfully supportive and positive person in my journey of acceptance and understanding with my son and his development and if you haven’t had a chance to visit her blog, it’s a must. She even shares some wonderful southern recipes so what are you waiting for?!
For those of you who had no idea what it is, it is an award for those bloggers with 200 followers or less. “Liebster” means favorite or beloved in German, and this award helps to draw attention to blogs that aren’t too well-known. In order to accept the award, you have to pass it on to a few fellow bloggers.
As with everything in life there are rules…some which are meant to be broken. 🙂
■When you receive the award, you post 11 random facts about yourself
■Answer the 11 questions from the person who nominated you
■Pass the award onto 11 other blogs (while making sure you notify the blogger that you nominated them!)
■You write up 11 NEW questions directed towards YOUR nominees.
■You are not allowed to nominate the blog who nominated your own blog!”
Away we go!
Eleven random things about me (hopefully that I haven’t already mentioned in the previous one):
1) My birthday is June 21st. Which makes me a Gemini-Cancer cusp. I am truly very much both. Sensitive but guarded. Talkative yet secretive. Kind of a paradox. 🙂
2) I am obsessed with tank tops and hoodies. My collection is unreal and I literally have both in every color and style under the sun at this point.
3) I am a Florida Gator and those of you that don’t know what that is…you betta ask somebody!
4) I am a flake. Not with people but I am a chronic starter and no finish. I start a million projects, ideas, classes, ect. and almost never complete them. It’s a curse, really.
5) Before I married my husband I only dated Hispanic men (though he is no exception, he’s Mexican). Something about the fiery Latino passion that just does “it” for me.
6) I fact check on Google no less than 5 times a day. Taking someone’s word for something died the day the internet was invented.
7) I am one of those crazy mothers that is obsessed with their kids. He’s my favorite topic of conversation and I think it has cost me a few friends. I thought it was tragic at first but have realized that people and their interests don’t always “grow together” and that is just a fact of life.
8) I currently have 10 different flavors of coffee creamer in my fridge. ‘Cause in this day and age a lady likes to have a little variety. (Bonus points if you recognize the altered quote)
9) I think my husband is the sexiest man alive. We were friends before we started dating and I thought it then, so it is not that biased.
10) I am truck girl. Why, I do not know, as I have never ‘hauled’ anything with mine but I wouldn’t want a car for any reason. (Except maybe gas prices :))
11) When I was in grade school and we had to write what we wanted to be when we grew up and I wrote, “In love”. I think it was an extraordinarily accurate indication of who I would grow up to be and where my priorities would lie.
My questions to answer from my nominator:
1) Why did you decide to start blogging?
I needed to find an outlet when my son was facing developmental issues. There was no one that I knew that was encountering anything like it. I am not the join-a-support-group type and thought this would be a good alternative and it truly has been. I have been blessed with the amount of support and understanding I have received from fellow parents.
2) What inspires you?
I am inspired by everything. Life is such a wonderful and bittersweet journey. I want to document every piece of it with words and photographs to remember when I am old and grey. I want to look back and think, “Wow, I have really lived.”
3) Have you made any friends through blogging?
I have! Not necessarily the type that you have in person but I have a community of people that share stories and advice and ideas. I am grateful for them, spend time conversing with them, and follow their lives. If that isn’t a friend, I don’t know what is.
4) What is the biggest blogging lesson you have learned since you first started
That one is harder…but I would have to say to not compare myself to other bloggers. I read so many that are so well thought out and well put. There is so much raw talent on WordPress. If I compare myself to them it makes me feel inadequate and that is not what I wanted to gain from blogging. I have learned that my blog is an expression of myself..imperfect, perhaps, but all ME.
5) Do you have any advice for others starting to blog?
Don’t think, just write. Write it all down and you will find people that appreciate you for you. It is the beauty of having a blog in the first place.
6) What is your favorite time of day to blog?
In the afternoon after Jp’s activities and the house is spotless. Then I can just relax and share without worrying about what I have to do, where I have to be, and what is left to accomplish.
7) Do you blog on the weekends?
I do. I try to blog once a day. It has become a very cathartic activity for me. I would genuinely miss it if I didn’t blog anymore.
8) Do you or are you planning to go to any blog conferences?
No, I am solely a blogger that speaks to the few and not the many. I am not attempting to change the world with my blog and wouldn’t have the necessary skills to even if I carried those aspirations.
9) Have you ever guest posted and if so, what about?
No, I am so new to blogging I have to admit that I do not even know what that is. Though I will Google it when I am finished. 😉
10) Do you make money from blogging?
Bahahahaha…no. I am truly surprised that anyone reads it at all. Some days I just feel like a babbling contradiction.
11) Have any opportunities come your way because of your blog?
No, but I have gained something infinitely more priceless. A place of self expression and a sense of community. It is more than I thought I would gain from it so I am eternally grateful.
The blogs I am nominating are (this is the rule to be broken, my community is still growing and I only want to nominate blogs that truly move my heart):
In no particular order, of course. 😉
Rantings of a Canadian Girl– Honest, funny, and interesting insight into our ‘neighbors of the north’. One of my many mom friends here that takes the time to read and give advice and never sound pushy or bossy…love her!
Did I Earn a Smile– She nominated me for my first award. I finally can repay the favor since it was a such a confidence booster the first time around. I love her blog. She faces adversary with such grace and honesty that she is a must-read. She is an inspiration.
Words of His Heart– Allyson is raising a child with similar communication issues as my son. She is always there with a word of advice or support and had fantastic ideas and suggestions for the needs of visual learners. I have learned so much from her!
Of Moms and Monsters– Okay, I think if I had to pick a “favorite” blog, it would be Desiree’s. She absolutely no-holds-barred cracks me up! She is raising two children with autism and is doing with humor and pizazz (yes, I said pizazz, read her blog, it’s appropriate). She is funny, insightful, and always manages to make me laugh. If any of my fellow moms need any advice with IEP-that’s your girl!
Black. Bunched. Mass. Mom.– This woman is genius, her blog is genius. She is bright, honest, and thoughtful. She always makes me think and laugh simultaneously. She is gifted and quick-witted and I never miss a blog with her tag.
HIgh Functioning Momism– Great blog, truly inspirational. She is a wonderfully positive and supportive blogger and I adore reading her comments and posts.
Questions for my nominees:
1) What caused you to start your blogging journey?
2) What drives you to improve yourself?
3) Where does your inspiration come from?
4) Who is your personal hero?
5) What is one secret that no one knows about you?
6) If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
7) What makes you…you?
8) What is one trait that you see in others that you wish you could posses?
9) How many times have you truly been “in love”?
10) If you could quit your current profession and just blog for a living, would you?
11) What is the biggest dream that you fulfilled?
And that is that! Thank you again, Poke N Grits, for the nomination and for giving me the confidence to continue on with my blogging journey!
I'm just living minute to minute, hour to hour, day to day.