Anyone that has watched an award show in the last 4 years regarding music knows what it is like to hear the nominees and have them include Taylor Swift. She wins everything. It’s like the other people nominated don’t even stand a chance. You just can’t beat T-Swifty and her teen pop/country crossover breakup anthem music. I’ve been notified that I have won a few awards recently and since they take so much time to complete (the last time I did an awards post was on a Saturday and my husband actually asked me, “Do you really spend this much time blogging every day?”) I have metaphorically dropped the ball when it comes to expressing my gratitude for being nominated. I’m a slacker and for that, I apologize with my whole heart. The more that piled up, I started thinking I would have to get a babysitter to have time to complete them! Luckily, Jp is a sleepy boy today so I will attempt to combine them all into one super size award extravaganza that I hope will not be as tedious to read as it is to assemble!
Let the awesomeness begin!
The Very Inspiring Blogger award! I received nominations from Trinity Parker at Between Love and Chaos and Heidi at Mom and Boys. These are two fantastic bloggers! Trinity is raising two beautiful children, a little diva and an Aspie. I don’t know which one is funnier, truth be told! I love reading her stories! Heidi is a mom of bar-none one of the cutest little boys ever (I mean, aside from Jp!). He has these big blue eyes that will look directly into your soul…plus, she’s really funny and we all know that is one of my favorite qualities in a fellow blogger.
I was nominated for the Liebster (my unbelievable third!) from Rebecca at The Dissocial Mom. Thank you, thank you, thank you! I love the Liebster because it always turns me onto new blogs and makes my community that much bigger and better! Rebecca is a great and hilarious blogger who knows that the end of a long parenting day is a cause for a glass of wine…a girl after my own heart! Her latest post, A Scientific Look into Parenting, had me rolling! It’s a must read for certain.
I was nominated for the Versatile Blogger award from Mancakes…syrup on the side. Gracias! This is a truly hilarious blog written by a Mom and a scorned ex that still has love for the fellas. I love her posts and they never fail to make me laugh and think. Her main man of the week posts are a ‘can’t miss’.
The Inspiring Blog award! I have never seen this one so it’s pretty awesome. It looks like the pretty, pretty princess of blog awards and it has to get points on that alone, right? I was nominated by J9 at J9sopinion. Gratzi! J9’s blog is wonderful with touches of parenting and design. She is raising her own “spirited child” and we have so much in common! It’s good to see a new face in my community, which Cookie has coined, “Team Awesome” for hers and I love that so I’m stealing it! Thank you for tuning in, J9, and for always taking the time to read and comment. It means so much!
Okay, we all know there are different rules for each award and all kinds of perimeters. Ain’t nobody got time for that! 🙂 So I will tell 7 random facts about me and nominate 20 bloggers. If I nominate you, you are more than welcome to pick and choose which award you want, maybe one that you don’t have already, and jenk up the rules to suit you or follow the link back to my nominators to do the rules as they are written (I’m a rebel, Dotty). Or ignore the nomination completely! The choice is yours and yours alone…but I have to give big ups to everyone that takes the time to read and appreciate me since when I started this blogging adventure I never expected to gain so much from it. I thought it would be a version of an online diary. I never in a million years expected anyone to ever read it, much less think my ineloquent ramblings were worthy of any kind of recognition. So thank you, a billion times over, to everyone that reads, comments, and simply takes the time to acknowledge my little “Mommy blog” in a sea of thousands! You all rock and I couldn’t love you or this experience more!
Seven Random Facts About Me:
1) I always wanted a little boy and then I had one. I love and cherish every moment of it. But I have to admit…whenever I pass the fluffy dresses or see a pageant on TV…I start thinking I may want a little girl. Then I remember the teenage girl nightmare that I was and I shake it off!
2) When I was a kid I could do the Rubix cube in under a minute. With my eyes closed. No lie…though with a gun to my head now I couldn’t do the stupid thing with my eyes wide open, back then I could do it by counting clicks. I was obsessed with that thing for the better part of a year.
3) My big secret wish is to contact a medium to communicate with my mom. I found one that is very reputable and I want more than anything to go but I can’t seem to bring myself to spend that kind of money on something that isn’t tangible or can’t be enjoyed by the whole family.
4) If I had a sketch artist draw my “type” before I was married…it would be a picture of my husband. I remember the day he walked in the door and the first time that I saw him. My thoughts were along the lines of, “Oh my gawd!”. I thought he was fine. I mean, there is no way he would be into me because he is so fine, fine. I love being wrong. 🙂
5) One time a lady at the grocery store asked if I was Jp’s nanny. I know he doesn’t look much like me but darn lady, that’s just racist. 😉
6) I saw the band TOOL 26 times in concert. You heard me. 26 times. They are still my favorite band of all time and if you get me started I can go on all day long about how profound their music is and how they are superior to every other band on the planet. But please, don’t get me started.
7) If I could eat one food every day for the rest of my life it would be…Beef Pad Thai. It’s delicious but part of me thinks that I am so obsessed with it because I can’t perfect it in my own kitchen.
My Nominees are (In no particular order, of course, and I get to “tag back” since the awards vary and the choice of which to accept is up to the blogger):
1) Faking Picture Perfect– She hates awards but I love her Mormon self regardless! No worries, Meridith, I expect no reciprocation but what if I get you one more follower to spread the our universal words of parenting uncertainty to? You’re welcome! 😉
2) Don of All Trades– Master of None (Sorry, I laugh every time). Don is the man. He blogs, he raises kids, he upholds the law, and he hangs with Jesus. Top that.
3) Mancakes– She loves men, has a son (well, those do kind of go hand in hand, right?), and a great sense of humor. You had me at hello.
4) I have an opinion I’d like to share– Cookie’s absolutely HILARIOUS. She gets hot in the titties and sings Opera while drinking wine (at least, when she’s not pregnant). Ps- she lies to her parents about break in’s so watch out).
5) J9sopinion– While a new blogging buddy, I really enjoy her posts. She is wonderful person and mother. Glad to have you on board!
6) Mom and Boys– I wasn’t joking about the boy! You should follow her just to get the overdose of cuteness! Oh, how I wish Jp had blue eyes! I’m so jealous. 🙂
7) The Dissocial Mom– Love her, love the blog. Check her out…come on, don’t be dis-socialable (yes, I just laughed at my own joke out loud).
8) Between Love and Chaos– Oh, Trinity, I can’t decide which of your children I love more! Good thing you don’t have to!
9) Free Little Words– This is a very inspiring and positive site about love and parenting. So, of course, it’s right up my alley, and yours, too!
10) Emotional Chaos Builds Character???– This a great blog written by a mom with a teenage son with Autism. I love her! She’s a great blogger with a wonderful sense of humor.
11) Of Moms and Monsters– I love Desiree! She has two little boys on the spectrum and I think if we lived in the same part of the country, I’d ask her for coffee! 🙂 Truly a funny and honest blog that I love reading.
12) Words of his Heart– Allyson has 9 children and she home schools ALL of them. She also is raising a son, Noah, who has Downs Syndrome. How she finds the time to blog at all is beyond me, but for anyone whose children struggle with language, she is a godsend as she post links and printables for all of your communication needs!
13) My thoughts on a Page– a wonderfully Irish Mom blogger that always makes me smile!
14) Things I fished out of the tank– This is a brand new blogger that I found that has a son that eats like s%$# just like Jp. She needs a bigger community so go and check her out!
15) The Lambent Life– Liz a mommy blogger of two girls that I love reading about!
16) You Me and Lucy– Sarah is a mommy to a three month old angel named, Lucy that I love seeing pictures of! It reminds me of when Jp was that age and it makes my uterus hurt lol!
17) Ramblings of a Crazed Mom– Funny and honest. A “this is me as a mom and I don’t pretend to be perfect” blog. Which everyone that knows me, knows is favoritest type of blog to read and blogger to converse with.
18) South Forty Rocks– Amanda is a horse trainer and a Mom…a preemie Mom, at that. So by default, her blog is awesome and I shout it from the rooftops every award season lol.
19) Mother Em– She crafts and dresses her kid better than I dress. Plus she’s always sending love over the ocean so I adore her! 🙂
20) Black. Bunched. Mass. Mom.– Living in some snowy frozen tundra and raising two not quite Irish twins. What’s not to love?
There, that’s 20, as promised. If I left anyone out I do apologize. At this point in the post, my eyes are blurring and I can’t quite think straight. Although I do want to send some love to Gareeth, as well, for always being there with support and advice! You are an angel! Thank you all for reading, commenting, and just being overall great bloggers and an intergral part of my online community! I probably would have given up blogging by now (I’m a flake when it comes to that kind of thing) if it wasn’t for the amazing people I have met along the way. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!
PS- I am not sure if I will ever get to notifying (gasp!). I have already wasted the better part of the day now and I know that little man is going to wake up with a vengeance. So if you see your name, don’t wait for me…just keep on passing it along! Happy Blogging!
I’m just living minute to minute, hour to hour, day to day.