Yes, I sound quite exuberant, don’t I? I could see why you would think that. In fact, aren’t I actually talking to myself right now? Wait, don’t answer that….me…that…I give up. I am currently sitting down with a heaping
glass cup shaker goblet of a Mexican Martini. Which, I am sure, most non-Texans don’t know what that even means.
Let’s just say that if a margarita and a dirty martini met in a dark alley with no sense of consequence and nine months later had a delicious, frosty baby….now that’s a Mexican Martini.
Yes, I know that it’s Tuesday. Yes, I am aware that in the central time zone it’s only 7:30 and the sun is shining still. But it has been a loooooooooooo(oooooooooooooooo)ng few weeks. Tequila on a weekday is completely acceptable. Justifiable, even. And even if none of those things are true…I simply don’t care. It’s happening anyway.
Just a quick run down:
- Spring cleaned my entire 4 bedroom, 3 bath home
- Did ALL of the yard work single-handed
- Held down a part-time nanny job that includes some MORE cleaning
- Schlepped Jp to and from therapy
- Did all of the normal housework, laundry, and parenting that I usually do
- Dug out time for learning games and fun time with Jp
- Shopped, planned, and orchestrated a 20 person Easter BBQ that raged on into the evening
- Lost our 16-year-old Lab, Butch
- Put up fliers and checked shelters for days
- Hiked 6 miles through surrounding woods looking for him
- Found him at a shelter
- Went back to the slave labor that my life had become
The irony is that I lost him when I left the gate open after 5 hours of yard work that followed a 9 hour day with three boys (of which only one is mine normally) so, it goes without saying, I was a dead lady on walking feet. Cue dramatic search and rescue mission. Ay yay yay.
But now? The holidays are over, the house is a showplace, and the ancient, blind, and half-deaf dog is home safe and sound so I am filling my wine glass with the hard stuff.
Tonight I drink. And breathe. And blog. And let the laundry sit folded on the dryer with no remorse for the fact it will wrinkle before I hang it up. Learn to iron, family!
Because tonight I have not one scrap of energy left in me. Nothing in my tank whatsoever.
Except for tequila. Yummy and mind-numbing Tequila. 😉
I'm just living minute to minute, hour to hour, day to day.